200g kangaroo tenderloin per person.
Enough peanut oil to marinate the kangaroo, with ground black pepper, star anise, orange rind and a few drops of coconut vinegar added.
Small amount of game or veal stock.
1tsp fresh horseradish (if in season), pureed in a small amount of coconut vinegar
- Marinate the kangaroo overnight
- Remove kangaroo from the refrigerator and return to room temperature
- Sear kangaroo over a very hot flame on a hotplate, or in a skillet, on all sides for about 2 minutes.
- Rest for ten minutes, catching the juices.
- Serve with your favourite salad or side dish, drizzled with some of the pan juices.
(recipe courtesy of Phillip Searle in John Newton’s, The Oldest Foods on Earth, 2016, pp. xvii-xx)